“Honoring Culture Through Education”
Universal Vocational Institute is a career-focused vocational school for health and beauty. Our institute is licensed by The Florida Commission for Independent Education(CIE) that issues the corresponding certificates to the specialties taught in the school. By knowing more about our center, you will realize that you are one step closer to achieve a better future for you and your family. If you wish to obtain the necessary education to become a professional in the field of health and beauty in the Miami area, we are the ideal health training in Miami for you. Take a few minutes of your time to learn more about our experience and each of the programs we offer, so you can invest successfully your time, money, and energy on something that will benefit you for a lifetime. We have trained many professionals now working in different areas of health and beauty as in hospitals, clinics, medical offices, beauty salons, aesthetic clinics, among others. They visited us and were able to choose the career training that most inspired them. Today you can change your life and ensure a promising future!
2017 UPCOMING CLASSES BEGIN
Starts in: May 22nd , 23r, 24th, 25th
July 25th, 26th, 27th
Starts in: May 19, 30
Starts in: May 3rd
Starts in: May 22nd
Health Training Programs
The program is designed to train students to perform tasks that include to extract and store blood to check its components, the vein puncture, and its basic processing.
This program teaches the theory and skills of permanent hair removal. The theory includes the biological study of the skin, the hair, the types of thermolysis, electrolysis, and their combination.
Medical Assistant Training
The program is designed to train students in all matters relating to the administration of medical practice.
EKG Technician Training
The program is designed to train students to perform the duties and functions of an EKG technician.
Universal Vocational Institute purpose is to provide a high quality education to post-secondary students. The institution has a commitment to its students to ensure that they will be well-trained professionals. UVI is focused on preparing the students to enter the job market, training them in professional advancement, intellectual inquiry, and community engagement. The students receive knowledge to become qualified professionals and to confront the diverse challenges in the health and beauty industries.
Universal Vocational Institute’s vision is to equip current and future students with skills in the competitive healthcare industry through impact of research, educational programs and professional partnerships
Universal Vocational Institute’s (UVI) mission is to train students to become entry-level professionals in careers that are in high demand. Universal Vocational Institute aims to improve employability and inspire life-long career growth, thereby improving the quality of life of individuals in the community.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements;
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student;
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue learning throughout their lives and incorporate in the job market.
- Assure the professional success of the students.
- Train students for professional advancement, intellectual inquiry, and community engagement.
- Teach knowledge to become qualified professionals to confront the diverse challenges in the health and beauty industries.
Our students come from a diverse cultural community in Miami-Dade County and beyond. Many have chosen us to develop their professional careers because we strive to make our students successful. Each and every student becomes part of our growing family of professionals. Our goal is to teach a new generation to expand their horizons. Our students’ advancement is important to us.
In our Records Office we safely keep all official student records, including transcripts and other official documents. They will provide any records requested by students and other individuals or institutions when requested by our students. Upon student request they will also provide official certifications showing academic status and enrollment.
The office is also responsible for processing diploma and certificate applications and providing hard copy of Final Grade Reports. Our purpose is to maintain students’ records private and secured.
Universal Vocational Institute Admission Requirements
Applicants must be 18 years of age to attend without parental approval. If under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must enroll the applicant. Below are the requirements needed to enroll in UVI:
- All applicants must submit evidence of a high school diploma or General Equivalency (GED).
- Complete Student Enrollment Agreement. (For students who are 17 years and 9 months of age prior to enrollment must have a parent and/or legal guardian sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- A completed student application.
- Students with prior college experience will be required to submit an official transcript for each college attended in order to receive transfer credit.
- All applicants must provide a photo identification card.
- Submission of Public Release Form/Emergency Contact (application will be completed at the school)
- Applicants will receive a school catalog upon completion of enrollment.
- Universal Vocational Institute will keep records of prospective students denied admission for at least one year.
- Prospective students, who were denied admission and would like to view their file, may submit a written request. Access to view the file will be granted within 24 hours of the request.
- Students that do not have all required documents for enrollment at the time they are scheduled to start classes, will be allowed an additional 30 days to provide the documentation required while attending classes.
PLACEMENT (Reported to CIE from 7/1/13 to 6/30/14)
The above percentages are compiled as a net number of graduates placed in a related field per program. The total number of placed students within the timeframe above is divided by the total number of graduates in the same timeframe who were available for work. Note: Students that are unavailable for work or considered* waived are not calculated in the percentages.
RETENTION (Reported to CIE from 7/1/13 to 6/30/14)
The retention rate above was computed as a percentage and includes statistical data for all programs offered at Universal Vocational Institute. This report is updated annually and is available to all students upon request. The retention rate represents still enrolled or completed first-time, full-time students who completed their program of study at Universal Vocational Institute.
At Universal Vocational Institute our students are trained with the last advances found in the market.
UVI – Equipped Laboratories with the latest in Technology.
Universal Vocational Institute has the most advanced equipment in the market for training students in laser programs, electrolysis, and EKG. Furthermore, in the phlebotomy program we have all the necessary tools, including venipuncture training arms.
Schedule of Courses
UVI offers convenient schedules (Day and Evening)
- Medical Assistant
- Billing and Coding
Monday to Friday
From 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and From 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Monday to Thursday
From 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and From 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Upcoming Class Starts
Starts: May 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th
July 25th, 26th, 27th
Starts in: May 19th, 30th
Starts: May 3rd
Starts in: May 22nd